Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Home processed C41 film

I know, I have not posted in a loooong time. I have been so busy with work and family. I recently had a child and she has taken up most of my free time.

Somehow, I managed to learn how to process C41 film at home. I drew from my experience at the community college and when I learned how to process black and white film at home. There isn't much difference, except at home I don't have a dark room for making prints. That may change soon. But for now, I'll show off some of my C41 home processed photos.

These Portra 800 35mm frames were processed using Tetenal Colortec. I scanned them on my Epson V600 scanner using Silverfast software. Silverfast has been a blessing; it has great technology called iRSD, which removes dust, scratches, and lint. No matter how careful you are, there is always lint. Sadly, the same technology cannot be used on BW negatives. But the software has something else for BW negatives. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, photos.
2015.09.24_Portra800_015
My daughter, as she slept one afternoon. I like how the sunlight casts shadows from the crib onto the mattress and the baby.

2015.09.24_Portra800_019

2015.09.24_Portra800_016
My daughter, as she slept one afternoon. I like how the sunlight casts shadows from the crib onto the mattress and the baby.

2015.09.24_Portra800_026
Some colorful crystal that my mother brought home from her travels in Europe.

2015.09.24_Portra800_027
Flowers sent in memory of my father. I like how Portra 800 renders the bouquet as soft and delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vault

My photo
I love photography, and enjoy using it to share my experiences. Contact me at maria@lonestarlens.com for general photography discussion.