Sunday, June 2, 2013

FILM

Richard Photo Lab sent my negatives back to me last week.  It took me a while to scan them in but I can honestly say after getting a look that I love film.  I am tempted to switch entirely to film, but....the digital camera is kind of a handy tool since it provides a good approximation of what the film result will be.  Ha!

For now, all I have is somewhat unexciting photos of the dogs and a couple of people who were willing to pose for me.  I really enjoy shooting film and seeing the results.  The fine grainy bokeh on film is so pleasant to look at.  I shot with Ilford Delta 100, Fujipro 400H and Kodak Portra 160.  I am so lucky that I have good looking people who will pose for me.  Lol.  Most of these were shot at 50mm or 85mm wide open.  Some results:


BW32

BW26
Can we say...BOKEH

BW2

BW1
Look at how well FILM differentiates between this young lady's white blouse and the blinding white of the sun-blasted pavement.

FUJIPROH400-33

FUJIPROH400-30

FUJIPROH400-24

FUJIPROH400-10

FUJIPROH400-9
What lovely color rendering...

FUJIPROH400-7

BW15
Sharp details, pleasing tonal range, and nice contrast.

KODAKPORTRA160-23

KODAKPORTRA160-26

KODAKPORTRA160-27

KODAKPORTRA160-8

KODAKPORTRA160-16

KODAKPORTRA160-17

KODAKPORTRA160-18-crop
(He is not really growling...it just looks like it! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vault

My photo
I love photography, and enjoy using it to share my experiences. Contact me at maria@lonestarlens.com for general photography discussion.