Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spring in Texas

One fine day my model and I traipsed over to the Dallas Arboretum.  The weather was mild and pleasant.  Some of the flowers looked a bit long in the tooth, but I made sure they were out of the frame when I shot.  I was very happy with these photos.  They were taken the same day as the ones downtown.  I only did a few minor adjustments in Lightroom.  These days my attitude toward photograph editing is that less is more.  This perspective helps me pay more attention to my technique while shooting. Photoshop and actions are fun when I'm feeling creative, but it's a drag editing more than a few dozen photos.  Plus, too much editing starts to become kind of obvious....I have seen good and bad examples from the photography groups I am in on Facebook, and from the various photographers I follow.  Even my earlier work is a little too processed for current my taste - although I am not one of those people who will disparage earlier works; I still enjoy looking back!  Even if I would shoot them differently today, the educational value alone is what allows me to view my older photos with such fondness.  I feel that I have grown a lot from those days when I first started shooting.  I haven't sent off the film shots from this day to my photo lab for processing yet.  I need to finish the rolls first.

That being said, I've got my eye on a Mamiya 645 autofocus medium format film camera.  I intend to shoot medium format film very soon, at least by the end of the year.  Let's face it, I was born to shoot medium format, just like Jose Villa!  Lol...

natural light pose


natural light pose


natural light pose


Dallas Arboretum Flowers


Natural light pose


Flowers at the Dallas Arboretum


Italia
This may as well be in Tuscany.

natural light pose 


natural light pose


Duck at the Arboretum


Macro in natural light


Yellow rose of Texas


Wildflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vault

My photo
I love photography, and enjoy using it to share my experiences. Contact me at maria@lonestarlens.com for general photography discussion.