Sunday, February 28, 2010

A dream...

The recent earthquake in Chile and resulting tsunamis that threatened the Pacific Rim over the weekend made me reflect on how little control we have over these monumental events, should we find ourselves within their reach. I had a nightmare last night that there was a volcanic explosion near my sister's house (in Texas of all places!), so lifelike I remember being startled by how loud it was. She and I were somehow with a large group of people and we started driving away from the explosion, to escape to God knows where. The infrastructure around us totally collapsed, and all was chaos and mayhem. I worried about how I would be able to make it back to my family, friends, loved ones, even my dogs. They would no doubt wonder and worry about me, if this had really happened. I could not get a cell phone signal and I felt helpless and hopeless.

Haha, thank goodness it was only a dream. It'll never happen! LOL!

Here are some pictures from my excursion to the Big Island of Hawai'i. The first one was taken in the Kilauea Caldera at Hawai'i Volcano National Park, at the Halema'uma'u Overlook. The second was also taken in the Kilauea Caldera, with the Halema'umau'u crater belching out steam in the distance. When I landed at the Big Island, I was hoping for blue skies and mild temperatures. Instead, it was chilly and the skies were moody and choked with vog.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vault

My photo
I love photography, and enjoy using it to share my experiences. Contact me at maria@lonestarlens.com for general photography discussion.