Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hawai'i

I defy you to take a bad picture in Hawai'i. Even if you suck at taking pictures, this beautiful and exotic state will pose for you. I was there in January and visited O'ahu as well as the Hilo side of the Big Island of Hawai'i (more pics to be posted later).


The first pic is one of my favorites taken there. This was a little cliff I climbed down, located on the south shore of O'ahu, near the Halona Blowhole, also pictured. My wide angle lens did not let me down, offering a gorgeous perspective and awesome depth of field. Looks like you're there, huh? I shot this at 14mm, F-stop 18.



From what I have read, it is tough to catch the Halona blow hole in action. You must go on a windy day at high tide, and it turns away many tourists disappointed. But, the Hawaiian gods were smiling down on me that day when they allowed me to capture this opportune burst. It still took a lot of patient waiting, eye squinted and finger poised on the shutter. It was worth it. I took this with my fabulous 35mm, which was the lens I used most on the trip. I love this lens, it is so little and versatile, and nearly everything I shot with it looked surreal and dreamy. It always performs. The only thing I kicked myself about was forgetting my 52mm polarizer. It could have really helped with that water glare! But whatev, this is a great shot anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vault

My photo
I love photography, and enjoy using it to share my experiences. Contact me at maria@lonestarlens.com for general photography discussion.